Flow Consulting Engineers have the capacity to undertake a wide variety of geotechnical investigation, testing and reporting. Work is completed to the requirements of current relevant Australian Design Standards and each client’s specific requirements.
Flow Consulting Engineers offer the following geotechnical engineering services:
- Geotechnical investigations for Residential Housing, Public & Commercial Buildings, Residential & Commercial Land Development, Industrial Infrastructure, Roads & Civil Infrastructure, Mining, Oil & Gas, Earth Satellite Antenna and Defence Work and Energy projects.
- Site investigations for residential houses and buildings to the requirements of AS2870-2011. Deliverables include the AS2870-2011 site classification reports for the sites, recommendations to assist in constructing site earthworks such as a description of soil types, suitable compaction machinery, recommended site preparation, recommendations to remediate problem sites. The reports provide guidance to construct engineered fill including preferred fill type, lift thickness, compaction requirements, acceptable compaction testing methods based on the soil types, suggested compaction testing frequency, stability criteria for open excavations, erosion and sediment control guidance and soil organic content.
- Land capability studies for residential, industrial, and commercial land development projects studies to meet the requirements of the Department of Planning and local authority requirements. Deliverables include a desktop geological study of the site, the AS2870-2011 site classification for the sites, recommendations to assist in constructing site earthworks such as a description of soil types, a description of the expected behaviour of the soils as foundation soil, suitable compaction machinery, site preparation, lift thickness, compaction requirements, acceptable compaction testing methods based on the soil types, suggested compaction testing frequency, testing for acid sulfate soils, asbestos testing, hydrocarbons, lead & other heavy metal contaminants, organic content testing, assessment of site material for use as structural fill, stability criteria for open excavations, erosion and sediment control guidance, soil organic content, soil density, permeability, soil bearing capacity and settlement estimates, suitable foundation and retaining wall options, geotechnical design parameters for retaining design, laboratory determined CBR pavement design parameters, recommendations for pavement construction, earthquake site sub-soil class, wind design criteria, recommendations for the construction of earthworks for buildings and site drainage.
- FCE can complete the site-and-soil evaluation in accordance with AS/NZS 1547 (soil permeability constant head test) for residential subdivisions as required for subdivision application not connected to reticulated sewerage as required by the Government Sewerage Policy 2019.
- Soil resistivity testing using Wenner method and DET2/2 Megger soil resistivity tester. Thermal resistivity testing.
- Plate load testing.
- Pavement and asphalt investigation and reporting.
- Investigation for potential sources of borrow materials for road construction. Blending design.
Geotechnical assessment of difficult building and lookout sites. Ground assessment to determine geological/structural stability, soil stability, erosion damage/susceptibility and any remedial or maintenance actions required.